The Dubai Ruler reviewed Expo preparations a month ahead of the global event
Dubai: His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, today reviewed the final preparations being made to host Expo 2020 Dubai.
“All teams are ready to host the event a month from now October 1, 2021. Infrastructure is complete and the pavilions of countries are ready for the largest global event after the pandemic,” Sheikh Mohammed tweeted.
“The UAE and Dubai will be the focus of attention for 191 countries. I am optimistic about the most beautiful and greatest event,” the Vice President added.
Meanwhile, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, said that the UAE will proudly host Expo 2020 Dubai, one of the world’s largest cultural events.
On his Twitter page, Sheikh Mohammed said: “One month from today, the UAE will proudly host Expo 2020 Dubai, one of the world’s largest cultural events. Delivered under the guidance of my brother Mohammed bin Rashid, the event builds upon our nation’s longstanding history as a facilitator of cultural dialogue & exchange”.
The six-month event, which runs from October 1, 2021 until March 31, 2022, is the first World Expo to be held in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia (MEASA) region. It is expected to attract millions of visitors from across the world.
Earlier this year, Expo 2020 Dubai also welcomed more than 100,000 visitors to experience Terra – The Sustainability Pavilion as part of a preview which ran from January 22 until April 10.
Get Breaking News Alerts From Gulf News
We’ll send you latest news updates through the day. You can manage them any time by clicking on the notification icon.
This section is about Living in UAE and essential information you cannot live without.
Register to read and get full access to gulfnews.com