Explained: Ticket prices, how you can book your visit and what to expect
Dubai: If you are looking forward to the upcoming Expo 2020 exhibition later this year, you can get an early preview of what is in store for visitors, by heading over to the Expo 2020 site.
The Terra Sustainability Pavilion was opened to visitors from January 22 this year, and two more pavilions are expected to be opened to visitors soon – ‘Alif – the mobility pavilion’ and ‘Mission Possible – The Opportunity Pavilion’.
The special access to visitors is part of the ‘pavilion premiers’ at Expo 2020, which is expected to go on until April 10, 2021.
Currently, the Terra pavilion is open to visitors, which focuses on sustainability. If you would like to visit the pavilion, you would be required to book a ticket in advance, as the site is ensuring all COVID-19 regulations are strictly adhered to.
The pavilion is open five days a week, from Tuesday to Saturday
• Tuesday to Thursday – 3pm to 9pm
• Friday, Saturday – 4pm to 10pm
Last entry is at 8pm on weekdays and 9pm on weekends.
1. Visit https://ticketing.expo2020dubai.com/
2. Select the date on which you wish to visit. Time slots will be provided, depending on the day.
3. Once you have selected the date and time, you would need to make the payment. Even if you are eligible for free access, you would need to book a ticket.
Tickets are only available up to 14 days ahead.
Free admission is available for children who are five years old and younger, those above 60 years of age and People of Determination with one companion.
You must book a free ticket and provide it, along with proof of eligibility which will need to be shown before entering the site.
If you are using a GPS app on your mobile, enter ‘Sustainability Pavilion’.
• If you are on Sheikh Zayed Road (E11), take Exit 20 on to Expo Road (E77).
• From Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road (E311), take Exit 21 to Expo Road (E77).
• Follow the special signs leading the way towards Expo 2020 Dubai.
• Once you are closer to the site, you will start seeing signs for ‘Sustainability Parking’.
The special Route 2020 Metro link is also expected to serve the Expo site soon, with four stations already opened in the Metro extension.
1. Arrive 30 minutes before the time listed on your ticket and don’t forget to have your ticket with you (pre-booking is essential to gain access).
2. Complete the registration, security and temperature check procedures.
3. As your time slot approaches, head from the arrival plaza to the pavilion entrance (walk takes approximately four minutes).
4. You will be able to enjoy the onsite experiences, including live entertainment, as well as food and beverage options and children’s activities.
For more information, call 800 EXPO  or visit https://ticketing.expo2020dubai.com
Get Breaking News Alerts From Gulf News
We’ll send you latest news updates through the day. You can manage them any time by clicking on the notification icon.
This section is about Living in UAE and essential information you cannot live without.
Register to read and get full access to gulfnews.com